Canine physiotherapy, rehabilitation, exercise prescription and sports therapy is becoming increasingly popular amongst dog owners thanks to the level of care and rehabilitation benefits it offers dogs. It can be used to treat a number of musculoskeletal problems ranging from joint conditions to post-rehabilitation surgery and muscle strains.
It is extremely beneficial to age-related changes and arthritic dogs and is an excellent way to slow down the effects of getting older for
as long as possible.
Canine physiotherapy, rehabilitation, exercise prescription and sports therapy can help with recent onset of changes in your dog’s movement and behaviour patterns. From difficulty going up and down stairs to slowing down on walks, exercise intolerance, changes in their gait and posture or just simply loss of ‘sparkle’. Chronic orthopedic conditions, musculoskeletal conditions, post-operative and convalescence care all benefit from sports therapy to restore the body to optimal function.
The benefits are endless but here are a few:-
- Identify, release and restore musculoskeletal dysfunction
- Increase flexibility and range of movement
- Improve muscle function and gait irregularities
- Enhance performance
- Improve circulation and the body’s own heal and repair process
- Reduce restricting scar tissue
- Improve quality of life, especially for older dogs or those with chronic orthopaedic conditions
- Assist with remodelling and the rehabilitation of soft tissue to maintain flexibility, strength and injury prevention.